Ken is a native of Baraga County. He obtained his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University and a master of business administration and law degree from the University of Michigan. He is also a Certified Public Accountant.
Ken was selected by his peers to be included in multiple editions of The Best Lawyers in America in the area of trusts and estates, and has been named in Michigan Super Lawyers every year since 2008. Ken has served as an adjunct professor of Estate Planning at Northern Michigan University and is a past member of the Michigan State Bar Probate and Estate Planning Section Council. His practice emphasizes estate planning, taxation, and corporate and commercial law.
- University of Michigan, M.B.A., J.D., 1989;
- Michigan State University, B.A., with honors, 1982.
- 1989, Michigan;
- 1990, U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan.
- Marquette County Bar Association;
- State Bar of Michigan (Former Member, Probate and Estate Planning Council);
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants.
- Certified Public Accountant, Michigan, 1984;
- Adjunct Professor, Estate Planning, Northern Michigan University;
- Fellow, Michigan State Bar Foundation;
- Beta Alpha Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma;
- Finalist and Board Member, Henry M. Campbell Moot Court Competition, University of Michigan Law School.
- Northern Michigan University Foundation (Former Vice-President);
- Marquette General Health System Ethics Committee (Member);
- L.G. Kaufman Endowment Fund (Trustee);
- Diocese of Marquette Development Committee (Member).