Ron received his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University and law degree from Wayne State University. He has been practicing law in Marquette since 1973 and was named in Michigan Super Lawyers in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
Ron is a past president of the State Bar of Michigan. He is a Fellow of the Michigan State Bar Foundation and the American Bar Foundation. He is a member of the board of directors of the Michigan Supreme Court Historical Society and a hearing panelist for the Attorney Discipline Board. Ron is engaged in the general practice of law with emphasis in municipal law, civil litigation, employment law, and mediation.
- Wayne State University, J.D., 1972;
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1967.
- 1973, Michigan;
- 1973, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan;
- 1976, U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan;
- 1978, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit.
- Marquette County Bar Association;
- State Bar of Michigan (President 2007-2008);
- American Bar Association (House of Delegates 2006-2008);
- Federal Bar Association.
- Fellow: Michigan State Bar Foundation;
- Fellow: American Bar Foundation;
- Hearing Panelist, State of Michigan Attorney Discipline Board;
- Board of Directors, Northern Michigan Trial Skills Workshop;
- Certified Voluntary Facilitative Mediator, U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan;
- Board of Directors, Michigan Supreme Court Historical Society;
- Member, State Bar of Michigan District A Character and Fitness Committee;
- Treasurer, State Bar of Michigan Master Lawyers Section Council;
- Member, State Bar of Michigan Past Presidents' Advisory Council;
- Chair, State Bar of Michigan Annual Meeting Committee;
- Michigan State Bar Foundation Trustee (2006-2008);
- Michigan Super Lawyers (2008-2010);
- Achievement Award, State Bar of Michigan Negligence Law Section (2008);
- Robert A. Hess Award, State Bar of Michigan Senior Lawyers Section (2008);
- Proclamation of Excellence, Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys (2008);
- William L. Steude Ethics and Civility in Local Government Award, Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys (2012).