Brandon’s largest clients have been in the mining, paper, forest management, railroad, and construction industries. He has a general practice with an emphasis on real estate, mining, minerals, title examination, and civil litigation. His litigation practice also includes commercial, landlord tenant, foreclosure, personal injury, probate, and trust and estate matters. Brandon maintains his Wisconsin licensure, is active in both the State Bar of Michigan and the State Bar of Wisconsin, and has been recognized numerous times as a "Rising Star" by Michigan Super Lawyers.
Brandon is an Ishpeming native, graduated summa cum laude from Northern Michigan University, interned for the Marquette County Circuit Court, and earned his law degree from the George Mason University School of Law in the Washington D.C. area. Before returning to Marquette County in 2012, he worked for law firms in Detroit and Green Bay. Brandon spent four years working on two related federal CERCLA cases concerning the PCB cleanup of the Lower Fox River, which at that time was an ongoing Superfund site and anticipated to be the largest environmental dredging project ever undertaken.
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2005;
- Northern Michigan University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2002.
- 2012, U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan;
- 2010, U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit;
- 2008, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin;
- 2007, Wisconsin;
- 2006, Michigan.
- Fellow, Wisconsin Law Foundation;
- Marquette County Bar Association;
- State Bar of Michigan;
- State Bar of Wisconsin;
- Federal Bar Association.
- Character and Fitness Committee, State Bar of Michigan (2019-2020);
- Court Forms Committee, Michigan Supreme Court (2019-2020);
- Chair, Litigation Section of the State Bar of Michigan (2017-2018);
- Executive Committee, State Bar of Wisconsin (2017-2018);
- Board of Governors, State Bar of Wisconsin (2017-2018);
- President, Young Lawyers Division State Bar of Wisconsin (2016-2017);
- Corporate Secretary & Board Member, YMCA of Marquette County (2014-2016);
- President, Brown County (WI) Young Lawyers Association (2010-2011);
- Dual Recipient, Outstanding Graduating Senior Award, Economics and Political Science Departments, Northern Michigan University (2002).
- Editorial Board, Wisconsin Lawyer (2014-2020);
- Contributing Author, The Law of Damages in Wisconsin, Sixth Edition, 2014-2018, State Bar of Wisconsin PINNACLE®;
- Editor, Fresh Perspectives, State Bar of Wisconsin (2013-2015);
- Founding Member & Articles Editor, Journal of Law, Economics & Policy (2003-2005);
- Member, George Mason University Civil Rights Law Journal (2004-2005).
Representative Pro Bono Clients
- Noquemanon Trails Network Council
- Northern Michigan Geological Repository Association.
Check out Brandon’s blog at: www.ThatsMyArgument.com