Brandon is a native of Ishpeming. He graduated summa cum laude from Northern Michigan University, and earned his law degree from the George Mason University School of Law in the Washington D.C. area. During law school, he interned for the Honorable Thomas L. Solka, Marquette County Circuit Court.
Before returning to Marquette County, Brandon worked for law firms in the Detroit area and in Green Bay, Wisconsin, handling civil litigation and real estate matters. He maintains his Wisconsin licensure as a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin. Brandon has a general practice with an emphasis on civil litigation, real estate, mining, and title examination. He is active in both the Michigan and Wisconsin bars and has been recognized numerous times as a "Rising Star" by Michigan Super Lawyers.
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2005;
- Northern Michigan University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2002.
- 2012, U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan;
- 2010, U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit;
- 2008, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin;
- 2007, Wisconsin;
- 2006, Michigan.
- Fellow, Wisconsin Law Foundation;
- Marquette County Bar Association;
- State Bar of Michigan;
- State Bar of Wisconsin;
- Federal Bar Association.
- Member, Michigan Bar District A Character and Fitness Committee (2019-2020);
- Member, Court Forms Committee, Michigan Supreme Court (2019);
- Chair, Litigation Section of the State Bar of Michigan (2017-2018);
- Executive Committee, State Bar of Wisconsin (2017-2018);
- Board of Governors, State Bar of Wisconsin (2017-2018);
- President, Young Lawyers Division State Bar of Wisconsin (2016-2017);
- Corporate Secretary & Board Member, YMCA of Marquette County (2014-2016);
- President, Brown County (WI) Young Lawyers Association (2010-2011);
- Dual Recipient, Outstanding Graduating Senior Award, Economics and Political Science Departments, Northern Michigan University (2002).
- Editorial Board, Wisconsin Lawyer (2014-2020);
- Contributing Author, The Law of Damages in Wisconsin, Sixth Edition, 2014-2018, State Bar of Wisconsin PINNACLE®;
- Editor, Fresh Perspectives, State Bar of Wisconsin (2013-2015);
- Founding Member & Articles Editor, Journal of Law, Economics & Policy (2003-2005);
- Member, George Mason University Civil Rights Law Journal (2004-2005).
Representative Pro Bono Clients
- Noquemanon Trails Network Council
- Northern Michigan Geological Repository Association.
Check out Brandon’s blog at: www.ThatsMyArgument.com