Ron received his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University and law degree from Wayne State University. He has been practicing law in Marquette since 1973.
Ron is a past president of the State Bar of Michigan and is a fellow of the Michigan State Bar Foundation and the American Bar Foundation. He is a director emeritus of the Michigan Supreme Court Historical Society and is a hearing panelist for the Attorney Discipline Board. Ron is engaged in the general practice of law with emphasis in municipal law and mediation.
- Wayne State University, J.D., 1972;
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1967.
- 1973, Michigan;
- 1973, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan;
- 1976, U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan;
- 1978, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit.
- Marquette County Bar Association;
- State Bar of Michigan (President 2007-2008);
- American Bar Association (House of Delegates 2006-2008);
- Federal Bar Association.
- Fellow: Michigan State Bar Foundation;
- Fellow: American Bar Foundation;
- Hearing Panelist, State of Michigan Attorney Discipline Board;
- Board of Directors, Northern Michigan Trial Skills Workshop (1990-2016);
- Certified Voluntary Facilitative Mediator, U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan;
- Director Emeritus, Michigan Supreme Court Historical Society;
- Chair, State Bar of Michigan District A Character and Fitness Committee;
- Secretary, State Bar of Michigan Master Lawyers Section Council;
- Member, State Bar of Michigan Past Presidents' Advisory Council;
- Chair, State Bar of Michigan Education & Events Committee;
- Michigan State Bar Foundation Trustee (2006-2008);
- Member, State Bar of Michigan Judicial Task Force (2009-2010);
- Member, State Bar of Michigan 21st Century Practice Task Force (2015-2016);
- Achievement Award, State Bar of Michigan Negligence Law Section (2008);
- Robert A. Hess Award, State Bar of Michigan Senior Lawyers Section (2008);
- Proclamation of Excellence, Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys (2008);
- William L. Steude Ethics and Civility in Local Government Award, Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys (2012).